From: Shanker Balan [mailto:shanker.ba...@shapeblue.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 4:44 PM
To: CloudStack-Users
Subject: Re: Frequent NFS not responding, timed out issue

Hi,

Comments inline.

On 28-Apr-2014, at 1:45 pm, Hung Nguyen The <hung...@saobacdau.vn> wrote:

> Thanks Shanker. I don't have total control on the system and it lacks a
> proper monitoring system.

Do give collectd + SNMP a try. Works very well for me.

> After some more investigations we believe the high latency is due to to
> openvswitch, and some VMs are flooding packets.

Ouch.

You could have a separate storage network to isolate VM traffic from storage
traffic.

> Some tunings have done like increase Flow-Eviction-thresthold and the network
> is now much more stable.
> That would be greate if someone can guide me somewhere with
> information regarding improve performance of open vswitch on Xenserver 6.2
> Btw, OVS is 1.4.6 version.

Have you considered upgrading openvswitch to a newer version? I personally have
not tried updating openvswitch on xenserver but should be possible using the
DDK. YMMV!

http://git.openvswitch.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=openvswitch;a=blob_plain;f=INSTALL.XenServer;hb=HEAD

--
@shankerbalan

M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867 shanker.ba...@shapeblue.com |
www.shapeblue.com | Twitter:@shapeblue ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd
floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560 055

Our CloudStack Infrastructure
Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/> offers the
best 24/7 SLA for CloudStack Environments.

28th-29th May 2014, Bangalore.
Classromm<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
16th-20th June 2014, Region A. Instructor led,
On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
23rd-27th June 2014, Region B. Instructor led,
On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
15th-20th September 2014, Region A. Instructor led,
On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
22nd-27th September 2014, Region B. Instructor led,
On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
1st-6th December 2014, Region A. Instructor led,
On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
8th-12th December 2014, Region B. Instructor led,
On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>

intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon
its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you
believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company
incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company
incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape
Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is
operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.