On Thu, 2014-05-15 at 00:35 +0100, Jonathan Gowar wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-05-14 at 13:03 -0400, dean.kam...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Jonathan, you can always start over, but that's not logical way of
> > troubleshooting, you might have specified wrong IP settings when you first
> > created the zone, and RV is failing because it's not able to ping outside
> > world.
>
> Oh, I agree, starting over is never the way to learn, but the logging is
> so sparse, and troubleshooting isn't getting me any closer.
>
> > I asked you to check if you see able to ping ssvm public IP address, if not
> > then that's could be it. Otherwise it could be something else.
>
> Sorry, I missed that question.  Yes, I can ping the SSVM public IP
> address.

I'm making no progress.  The log files are hard to interperate, and what
errors are provided don't seem to translate to anything meaningful.

com.cloud.exception.InsufficientServerCapacityException: Unable to
create a deployment for VM[DomainRouter|r-15-VM]Scope=interface
com.cloud.dc.DataCenter; id=1

I seem to be the only person experiencing this, but I've combed through
the install manual, and everything appears in order.

The advanced networking actually seems relatively staight forward, and I
can see public traffic on the trunked hv ports; using iftop.

Can I enable extra verbose logging?  ...or can someone give me a
step-by-step practical example of how to create an advance network and
successfully launch an instance... at the moment it may as well be by
magic :(