I found the following differences in the catalina.out file with bin log enabled
and disabled.  Can you point me in the right direction on debugging the actual
/client application further.  Obviously the problem is

Jun 10, 2014 2:12:48 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error listenerStart

I could use a point in the right direction to get further debugging info.

WITH BINLOG

INFO  [c.c.u.c.ComponentContext] (main:null) Setup Spring Application context
INFO  [c.c.s.GsonHelper] (main:null) Default Builder inited.
Jun 10, 2014 2:12:48 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
Jun 10, 2014 2:12:48 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context [/client] startup failed due to previous errors
Jun 10, 2014 2:12:48 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: A web application appears to have started a thread named [FileWatchdog]
but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
Jun 10, 2014 2:12:48 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: A web application appears to have started a thread named [Timer-0] but
has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
Jun 10, 2014 2:12:48 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: A web application appears to have started a thread named
[ConnectionConcierge-1] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to
create a memory leak.
Jun 10, 2014 2:12:48 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: A web application appears to have started a thread named
[ClusteredAgentManager Timer] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to
create a memory leak.
Jun 10, 2014 2:12:48 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: A web application appears to have started a thread named [Timer-1] but
has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
Jun 10, 2014 2:12:48 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
clearThreadLocalMap
SEVERE: A web application created a ThreadLocal with key of type
[org.springframework.core.NamedThreadLocal] (value [Prototype beans currently
in creation]) and a value of type [null] (value [null]) but failed to remove it
when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the ThreadLocal
has be
en forcibly removed.

WITHOUT BINLOG

INFO  [c.c.u.c.ComponentContext] (main:null) Setup Spring Application context
INFO  [c.c.s.GsonHelper] (main:null) Default Builder inited.
INFO  [o.a.c.s.l.CloudStackExtendedLifeCycle] (main:null) Running system
integrity checker com.cloud.upgrade.DatabaseIntegrityChecker@7f2af4a3
INFO  [c.c.u.DatabaseIntegrityChecker] (main:null) Grabbing lock to check for
database integrity.
INFO  [c.c.u.DatabaseIntegrityChecker] (main:null) Performing database
integrity check
INFO  [o.a.c.s.l.CloudStackExtendedLifeCycle] (main:null) Running system
integrity checker
org.apache.cloudstack.utils.identity.ManagementServerNode@7c73b9ad
INFO  [o.a.c.s.l.CloudStackExtendedLifeCycle] (main:null) Configuring
CloudStack Components
INFO  [c.c.u.d.GenericDaoBase] (main:null) Cache created: [ name = UserDaoImpl
status = STATUS_ALIVE eternal = false overflowToDisk = false
maxEntriesLocalHeap = 5000 maxEntriesLocalDisk = 0 memoryStoreEvictionPolicy =
LRU timeToLiveSeconds = 300 timeToIdleSeconds = 300 persistence = none
diskExpiryThreadInt
ervalSeconds = 120 cacheEventListeners:
net.sf.ehcache.statistics.LiveCacheStatisticsWrapper  hitCount = 0
memoryStoreHitCount = 0 diskStoreHitCount = 0 missCountNotFound = 0
missCountExpired = 0 maxBytesLocalHeap = 0 overflowToOffHeap = false
maxBytesLocalOffHeap = 0 maxBytesLocalDisk = 0 pinned = false ]
INFO  [c.c.u.d.GenericDaoBase] (main:null) Cache created: [ name =
VMTemplateDaoImpl status = STATUS_ALIVE eternal = false overflowToDisk = false
maxEntriesLocalHeap = 100 maxEntriesLocalDisk = 0 memoryStoreEvictionPolicy =
LRU timeToLiveSeconds = 600 timeToIdleSeconds = 300 persistence = none
diskExpiryThre
adIntervalSeconds = 120 cacheEventListeners:
net.sf.ehcache.statistics.LiveCacheStatisticsWrapper  hitCount = 0
memoryStoreHitCount = 0 diskStoreHitCount = 0 missCountNotFound = 0
missCountExpired = 0 maxBytesLocalHeap = 0 overflowToOffHeap = false
maxBytesLocalOffHeap = 0 maxBytesLocalDisk = 0 pinned = fals
e ]
INFO  [c.c.u.d.GenericDaoBase] (main:null) Cache created: [ name =
ServiceOfferingDaoImpl status = STATUS_ALIVE eternal = false overflowToDisk =
false maxEntriesLocalHeap = 50 maxEntriesLocalDisk = 0
memoryStoreEvictionPolicy = LRU timeToLiveSeconds = 600 timeToIdleSeconds = 300
persistence = none diskExpiry
ThreadIntervalSeconds = 120 cacheEventListeners:
net.sf.ehcache.statistics.LiveCacheStatisticsWrapper  hitCount = 0
memoryStoreHitCount = 0 diskStoreHitCount = 0 missCountNotFound = 0
missCountExpired = 0 maxBytesLocalHeap = 0 overflowToOffHeap = false
maxBytesLocalOffHeap = 0 maxBytesLocalDisk = 0 pinned =
false ]
INFO  [c.c.u.d.GenericDaoBase] (main:null) Cache created: [ name =
DiskOfferingDaoImpl status = STATUS_ALIVE eternal = false overflowToDisk =
false maxEntriesLocalHeap = 50 maxEntriesLocalDisk = 0
memoryStoreEvictionPolicy = LRU timeToLiveSeconds = 600 timeToIdleSeconds = 300
persistence = none diskExpiryThr
eadIntervalSeconds = 120 cacheEventListeners:
net.sf.ehcache.statistics.LiveCacheStatisticsWrapper  hitCount = 0
memoryStoreHitCount = 0 diskStoreHitCount = 0 missCountNotFound = 0
missCountExpired = 0 maxBytesLocalHeap = 0 overflowToOffHeap = false
maxBytesLocalOffHeap = 0 maxBytesLocalDisk = 0 pinned = fal
se ]

[cid:image001.jpg@01CF54D3.D25E1ED0]

On Jun 10, 2014, at 10:30 AM, Rafael Weingartner