Hi John,

Advanced networking defaults to giving guest VMs a single interface in an
isolated network, with a Virtual Router acting as the Gateway / Firewall
device.  You can setup all sorts of firewall, NAT, port forwarding, load
balancing rules etc to map a Public IP on the Virtual Router to the VM.

However if you really want a true Public IP on the VM, take a look at Shared
Networks.  You can create one and allocate it a range of Public IPs which will
get allocated to Guest VMs connected to it.  There will still be a Virtual
Router, but it's only there to provide DHCP, DNS and User Data, it will not do
any Routing.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom
CTO / Cloud Architect

D: +44 20 3603 0542<tel:+442036030542> | S: +44 20 3603 0540<tel:+442036030540>
| M: +447968161581<tel:+447968161581>

geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com<mailto:geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com> |
www.shapeblue.com<htp://www.shapeblue.com/> |
Twitter:@cloudstackguru<https://twitter.com/#!/cloudstackguru>

ShapeBlue Ltd, 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London, WC2N
4HS<x-apple-data-detectors://5>

On 14 Jun 2014, at 11:46, "John Muckley"