Hi,

We have both standalone XS and ACS. Off the top of my head, the best few
reasons to use ACS:
- user management and resource limit enforcement as well as tracking (eg we
always seem to "lose"/misplace IPs with standalone HVs) and statistics
- HV agnostic (almost), we use XS and KVM
- network management
- virtual router more advanced features (VPN, load balancer etc)
- powerful API that can be used to automate stuff dramatically

With just XS the biggest PITA is tracking and setting network related info.
With ACS I just give it a few IP and VLAN ranges and tell it to just use them.
Additionally, ACS has the concept of (resource limited) "projects" which
multiple users can participate in. Not to mention additional goodies like
cloud-init which can help with automation quite a bit (ie running user scripts
at boot, setting SSH keys, root passwords etc).

It will change the way you work and once you get it off the ground and running,
it will save you significant time and stress.

BUT, before you start using ACS in production: TEST, TEST, TEST! I can't stress
this enough.
IMHO cloud is hard, the software is big and complex and there are rough edges
here and there, so take your time, get to know it; to know its weaknesses and
strengths and use them appropriately.

HTH
Lucian

Nux!