From: Carlos Reátegui [mailto:create...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2014 8:55 PM
To: CloudStack-Users
Cc: d...@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: 4.4 upgrade issues

I am trying out the upgrade instructions from
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.3/rnotes.html#upgrade-from-4-1-x-to-4-3
 but going to 4.4 built from source today.

My setup: XenServer 6.0.2 Hosts, Management Server on Ubuntu 12.04, Primary and
Secondary on NFS, Basic Network, no security groups

-----
Notes on the docs:

8.4 - 8.6: This is only for hosts that use the cloudstack agent. Does not apply
to KVM. In general this whole section does not do a good job of explaining what
is on the MS vs the Hosts.

13: This fails on ubuntu because: cloudstack-sysvmadm sources
/etc/rc.d/init.d/functions which does not exist on ubuntu/debian systems.

14: Copy vhf-util from where? Also the path
/usr/share/cloudstack-common/scripts/vm/hypervisor/xenserver does not exist on
the hosts so I am assuming this is on the MS, however the MS already has it
since it is an upgrade and was put there by the original install.  Or is this a
new version that needs to be grabbed from somewhere?

Other: earlier versions like 4.1 worked with JDK 1.6 current releases require
1.7 but the Upgrade doc does not mention that.

--
Issues:

Saw the following in catalina.out, not sure if it is an issues:
Jun 27, 2014 5:28:42 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
validateJarFile
INFO:
validateJarFile(/usr/share/cloudstack-management/webapps/client/WEB-INF/lib/servlet-api-2.5-20081211.jar)
 - jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending class:
javax/servlet/Servlet.class Jun 27, 2014 5:28:42 PM
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader validateJarFile
INFO:
validateJarFile(/usr/share/cloudstack-management/webapps/client/WEB-INF/lib/tomcat-embed-core-7.0.30.jar)
 - jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending class:
javax/servlet/Servlet.class

Since the above script in step 13 did not work is it ok to do "xe vm-shutdown
vm=." on each of the system vms?  Will CloudStack notice they are ton and start
new ones?

Here are my log files (please note I stopped the service prior to capturing
these logs in case you are wondering):
Management server log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7xhkutt8e724il1/management-server.log
Catalina log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f45ypkbazhkogyj/catalina.2014-06-27.log