On Jul 1, 2014, at 3:25 AM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> Hi Carlos,
>
> Carlos Reátegui wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> When does stuff get copied from [1] to [2] ?
>>
>> I ask because the docs
>> (http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation/en/latest/installation.html)
>>  say to download vhd-util and place it in [1] however the script that pushes
>> it to the hosts looks for it in [2].
>>
>> In my case I don’t recall at when I placed it in [1], if it was in the order
>> described in the install docs or if it was after I realized it had not been
>> deployed to my hosts and did it manually.
>>
>> Is this a bug?
>>
>> [1] /usr/share/cloudstack-common/scripts/vm/hypervisor/xenserver
>> [2]
>> /usr/share/cloudstack-management/webapps/client/WEB-INF/classes/scripts/vm/hypervisor/xenserver
>
> The vhd-util gets copied to [2] during build phase (where maven compiles
> a war package). When building the source, I usually download the
> vhd-util and place it under ./scripts/vm/hypervisor/xenserver/vhd-util
> so that it ends up in systemvm.iso and other archives. If you're
> building from source, I recommend that you download and put vhd-util to
> this path to avoid these issues.
I am installing from deb packages I built from source.  I built theses on a
different machine and created a repo for this upgrade from 4.1.1 on an ubuntu
12.04 machine.

The point I was trying to get across is that the docs say to put it in one
place but the add host function looks for it in another.  This is likely the
reason we have seen a few messages in the past about vhd-util not getting put
on the hosts and having to do that manually.

I would say this is a documentation bug but was trying to verify if maybe it
was more of a timing of when I did things.