On 11/09/14 16:29, Kirk Kosinski wrote:
Hi, Piers.  The cloudstack-management init script starts Tomcat for you.
  You shouldn't use the tomcat6 init script to start Tomcat.

I realise that - I was trying to show how I manually stooped the tomcat server and searched for things using the 8080 port and made sure nothing was.

The error I see is a tomcat log showing "Address in use" but I cannot see why since nothing else uses that port.

Could it be that its trying to run on a bridged eth0 which means that one IP address has two interfaces? I am clutching at straws here.

That is the only reason I mention tomcat explicitly.

Thanks

Piers