Can you live migrate guest machine to another xenserver host?

-----Original Message-----
From: Garith Dugmore [mailto:gar...@saao.ac.za]
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 10:54 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: HA issue and Xen resets

Hi All,

I'm new to cloudstack and busy testing out ACS 4.3.1 on Centos 6.4 using
Xenserver 6.2. I have the management server setup and have 2 xen servers that
I'm testing out at the moment; specifically the HA functionality.

After getting an instance up and running I yanked the network cable out of the
one xen server and awaited the HA awesomeness to kick in. Both hosts still
remained in "Up" state even though the one was no longer pingable and the
instance that was hosted on that xen host still showed "Running" even though I
also couldn't ping it. After some reading one suggestion was setting
'alert.wait' to 30 and restarting cloudstack-management. After that didn't seem
to do anything after waiting a while I rebooted the management server all
together and found that both hosts were marked as disconnected.

I've tried going in and out of maintenance mode and ended up deleting the one
xen host that was still reachable thinking I could just re-add it but I
received an error in doing so. I have read somewhere that once you've either
reinstalled the management server or removed a xen host you need to re-install
the xen host. Is this true? I was hoping for a factory reset command of some
sort.

Besides my obvious HA problems and host disconnect issues which I'd love some
pointers on are there any pointers on Xen server resets?

Note I have attempted a 4.4.0 install on centos and after a couple issues that
I can no longer recall I ended up with a way easier install on 4.3.1 which is
why I've stuck with it for now.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated. Willing to try anything!
--

Garith Dugmore
South African Astronomical Observatory