Hi,

The CentOS templates are built using virt-install with the aforementioned
kickstarts[1]. Everything is scripted.
The FreeBSD and OpenBSD ones are built by hand due to lacking of automation
tools.
I'm in the process of adding all of the above in a publicly accessible jenkins
instance so the whole thing is more transparent.
So you can either take my word on it that they're not dodgy or just build your
own using the kickstarts as someone said; they are provided especially for this
reason.

[1] - http://dl.openvm.eu/cloudstack/centos/ks/

Nux!
www.nux.ro