Hi!

Am 30.10.2014 17:04, schrieb Martin Emrich:

I wonder why this IP address for the GRE tunnel was chosen? The IP belongs to
one of my iSCSI storage networks, and should never be used for guest or public
traffic.
While thinking about it, I noticed that I never assigned IP addresses to the
"correct" guest interfaces (neither via XenServer nor via cloudstack), as the
documentation did not mention it... but of course GRE won't work without IP connectivity
between the OpenVSwitch instances on the XenServers.

So I wonder why CloudStack (or XenServer?) chose one of the iSCSI networks for
GRE traffic instead of e.g. printing an error message or chosing at least the
management network...

I reinstalled CloudStack, this time it chose my management network for GRE. I confirmed that the guest traffic is really running across the management network instead of the configured guest network. I named my guest network "GUEST" on the XenServers, I named it "GUEST" in CloudStack, I even discovered a global option "sdn.ovs.controller.default.label" and did set it to "GUEST", too. I also assigned IP adresses to the GUEST interfaces on the XenServers.

Still no luck. What do I miss?

Ciao

Martin