Hi, did you try updating a zone with the desired dnssearchorder to see
if it works?  If there is no such option in the UI, use the API with
cloudmonkey or a similar tool.  It might only get applied to new VRs so
try creating a new network or destroying and recreating a VR for an
existing network.

Best regards,
Kirk