Agreed.  Very good article.  I have a question though - is it really
appropriate to describe this as “self-healing”, when there are manual
steps to be performed in case of failure of the Pool Master?

Typically, I use this term to refer to situations where the master fails,
a different host gets elected master, and all is well.   Then when the old
master is brought back online, it just becomes a normal pool member, like
the rest of the hosts.  No “emergency mode”, etc…

  -I