Hello all

I am wondering how to properly do the network setup for the system VM
because at this point it does not work.

A short description of my setup:

I have a network in which my hypervisor host primary nic exists
192.168.182.224/28
I also have a network which I want to use for VM public addresses
192.168.183.128/27
The cloudstack management server exists in a third network
192.168.183.65/28

After completing the setup wizard the system VM now has the first free
address in the guest public network i.e. 192.168.183.130 and on a
second interface it got an address in the private host network i.e.
192.168.182.226

I have set up two vlan tags without addresses on my hypervisor host.
for the public network and the cloudstack management network. The
hypervisor address itself (192.168.182.230) I left untagged because on
my switch that is the native vlan. I also created cloudbr0 and
cloudbr1 and linked those to the two VLANs

Now if I log in to the secondary storage VM, I can not reach any
network from there.

I have the impression that something is missing from the bridge
configuration, or maybe the routing table of the system VM is not
right. With brctl I can see that the cloudbr01 and cloudrb1 are
connected to some vnet interfaces, but none of those are assigned any IPs.

I hope I explained it sufficiently.

Can someone tell me what I am missing here?

Thanks in advance.

- --

Daniel Kollmer | Sr. System Engineer - OTS |
daniel.koll...@tomtom.com | Phone: +31 20 75 75 084 | Mobile: +31
(0)6 29 13 96 47