Yes it deploys instances, not hypervisors.
And yes, it doesn't work on basic zones, but the basic framework is
there, so it's probably extensible to make Basic zones work; just no
one has scratched that itch yet.

There were some folks talking about doing work in that area, but not
sure if they have made any progress or not.

--David