On Tue, 17 Nov 2015 06:42:11 +0000
Remi Bergsma <rberg...@schubergphilis.com> wrote:

> You are right, eth3 should not be there. Somehow the detection of the
> public interface goes wrong and it ends up creating a new one.
Thanks for confirming my thoughts.

> In the logs, instead of ethX, I see null which is an indication:
>
> 2015-11-17 01:38:17,760 DEBUG [cloud.agent.Agent]
> (agentRequest-Handler-1:null) Processing command:
> com.cloud.agent.api.routing.IpAssocCommand 2015-11-17 01:38:17,769
> DEBUG [kvm.resource.OvsVifDriver] (agentRequest-Handler-1:null)
> plugging nic=[Nic:Public-null-vlan://104]

null should be the ip address not the device.

> I've seen this before and I think it is the combination of ovs with a
> tagged (as in vlan) network.
>
> You probably have specified a vlan tag in CloudStack (104?) on some
> bridge. If you can change it to use untagged, but then point to an
> ovs bridge that is tagged it will most likely work. You then move the
> tagging from CloudStack to ovs. I think this is how I worked around
> it when I saw this.

I'll try that out later.

> Don't get me wrong, what you did should work so this is a bug. The
> cause needs to be figured out but it wasn't too obvious.
>
> I'm also curious to know if 4.6.0 (which will be available this week)
> still has this issue.
>
> This is what I remember, hope it gives some pointers.

I digged a little bit into the source and found this
line and found in getBroadcastUriFromBridge()
the Regex Pattern.compile("(\\D+)(\\d+)(\\D*)(\\d*)");
                                   /\
My bridge is named ovs-trunk, so it will never match this, because it
doesn't has a number on it's end.
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/blob/3ded3e90007d08fa98465f2b8c68b7fb075557c0/plugins/hypervisors/kvm/src/com/cloud/hypervisor/kvm/resource/LibvirtComputingResource.java#L1442

How can I get the debug output of that file?
sed -i 's/INFO/DEBUG/g' /etc/cloudstack/agent/log4j-cloud.xml doesn't
helped here. I want the output of
s_logger.debug("getting broadcast uri for pif " + pif + " and bridge " +
brName);

Best,
lynxis
--
Alexander Couzens

mail: lyn...@fe80.eu
jabber: lyn...@fe80.eu
mobile: +4915123277221
gpg: 390D CF78 8BF9 AA50 4F8F  F1E2 C29E 9DA6 A0DF 8604