Dear Vladimir,

You have this in documentation: "Warning. It is NOT recommended to run services on this host not controlled by CloudStack." from here: http://cloudstack-installation.readthedocs.org/en/latest/hypervisor/kvm.html Believe me - this is for reason. It is usually bad idea to mix different roles at one host unless you want to have all-in-one development environment for some specific goal. Linux is great, but more your put on one host more fragile becomes the entire system. You can't change one part without breaking the other.

Vadim.

On 2015-12-15 16:08, Vladimir Melnik wrote:

Hello,

Have anyone tried to use the same servers for a KVM virtualization
HA-cluster and a Ceph storage cluster?

So guests' VMs and volumes will be quite available. Of course, there'll
be huge network load, so we'll have to design our network wisely. Maybe
a separate network for the management VLAN and for the
management/monitoring network of Ceph, a separate one for the secondary
storage network, another one - for public & private VLANS of guests and, the last but not least, a network to interact with the Ceph storage from
hypervisors. Should be working fine, shouldn't it?

If anyone tried to implement this configuration, would you be so kind as
to share any of your conclusions about its performance and reliability?
Thank you very much in advance!

Links:
------
[1] http://cloudstack-installation.readthedocs.org/en/latest/hypervisor/kvm.html