Hi,

     For me work very nice for windows 2008 and 2012  just with "cloud init"
installed on template.

    1. install Windows from ISO, Set any password, enable rdp, you can also set
to off  "IE sec" ( install drivers, apps if needed)
     2. Restart.
     3. Install "cloud init"
     4. Shutdown
     5. Create Template

Right now I test "cloudbase init" for Win 10, 8.1, and 7.

Regards.
Cristian