Hi all

Did anyone manage to install Solaris 11.3 on a xenserver VM? I am running CS
4.6 with XenServer 6.5 and I try to install Solaris by using the official
Oracle iso (text install), but installation is not continuing when I hit F2 to
install on local storage. It seems that it is not able to discover the local
disk and as a result, it returns back to the installation menu and prompts me
the error “disk_link: invalid disk device number 768”.

Is Xenserver incompatible with Solaris 11.3? I have installed all the latest
patches on my XenServer cluster.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
Stavros

Stavros Konstantaras
Science faculty Research IT support (FEIOG)
University of Amsterdam, Science Park 904, 1098 XH

Fingerprint: E5E5 9B19 D1CD 88CD 4763  3465 A8DC 7C92 330F D59A