I am not sure what happened but our primary storage, which is Gluster, on all
our hosts is not mounted anymore.  When I do "virsh pool-list" on any host I
only see the local pool.  Gluster is working fine and there are no problems
with it because I can mount the Gluster volume manually on any of the hosts and
see the primary storage.  Instances that are running can write data to the
local volume and pull data from it.  But if a VM is stopped it can't start
again.  I get the "Unable to create a New VM - Error message: Unable to start
instance due to Unable to get answer that is of class
com.cloud.agent.api.StartAnswer" that I have seen a thread in this mailing list
and I am sure its primary storage related.

The agent logs on the hosts are issuing the following log snippets which
confirm its looking for primary storage:

2016-04-15 18:42:34,838 INFO  [kvm.storage.LibvirtStorageAdaptor]
(agentRequest-Handler-3:null) (logid:ad8ec05a) Trying to fetch storage pool
c3991ea2-b702-3b1b-bfc5-69cb7d928554 from libvirt
2016-04-15 18:45:19,006 INFO  [kvm.storage.LibvirtStorageAdaptor]
(agentRequest-Handler-1:null) (logid:4c396753) Trying to fetch storage pool
c3991ea2-b702-3b1b-bfc5-69cb7d928554 from libvirt
2016-04-15 18:45:49,010 INFO  [kvm.storage.LibvirtStorageAdaptor]
(agentRequest-Handler-1:null) (logid:4c396753) Trying to fetch storage pool
c3991ea2-b702-3b1b-bfc5-69cb7d928554 from libvirt

The c3991ea2-b702-3b1b-bfc5-69cb7d928554 is the UUID of our primary storage.

We did have some secondary storage issues (NFS) that caused some NFS mounts to
secondary storage to hang.  The only way to recover was to reboot the host.
There were 2 host affected so I put each host in maintenance mode, rebooted and
then canceled maintenance mode.  I did this one host at a time.  It seems like
ever since this has happened I have had issues.

Is there a way to get the primary storage remounted and added to libvirt
pool-list while keeping the VMs up and running?  At this point the only idea I
have to recover is to power off all VMs, disable primary storage then enable it
again.  This is a little extreme and is a last resort but I don't know what
other options I have.

Any suggestions?

Richard KleinĀ  <rkl...@rsitex.com>
RSI