Would you mind explaining a little bit more your idea of installing a
template without using a URL? You just do not want to have a web server to
serve the file?

Or did you mean a batch of templates or something like that?

ACS 4.6+ has a function that enables you to upload a template from your
local drive through the UI, would that work for you?

I would *not* recommend you to change data directly in the database
(especially in production environments), the data model that ACS uses can
be a little bit complicated to deal with sometimes; the link between some
tables are difficult to understand and see, and there are some duplicity in
data that may mislead you at first sight.

--
Rafael Weingärtner