Correction from previous reply:

"I'll see what I can do, in general you should NOT be replacing or changing the
cloudmonkey config file outside of cloudmonkey itself."

Regards,
Rohit Yadav

rohit.ya...@shapeblue.comĀ

On May 26 2016, at 11:27 am, Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com> wrote:
Whenever a set command is called, it would save/update the config file. When
you run set profile xyz; it needs to make that profile the default profile and
update other parameters associated with the profile which may be set as well
(such as url, username, password, apikey, secretkey etc). When cloudmonkey is
running, and you replace the config file; on calling 'set' it would save the
config file based on its in-memory config dictionary.

I'll see what I can do, in general you should be replacing or changing the
cloudmonkey config file outside of cloudmonkey itself. If you want to create
new profile, set new rules; you should call cloudmonkey set <option> <values>
either on command line or use puppet to execute them. The tool was intended for
single user, in case of multi-user or concurrent usage, there is no concurrency
control wrt configs.

One solution could be that, each server profile has their own config file
instead of a single config file, and you can start cloudmonkey to pick a server
profile with a command line flag such as -p <profile>. I'll see how I may
improve this, for this I would like to know how exactly you are using puppet or
any other automation?

Regards,
Rohit Yadav