Jainesh, and by extension all members of TheAtom, welcome to the CloudStack
project. You'll want to join the development list (d...@cloudstack.apache.org),
and look at the contributing section here:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack and here:
https://cloudstack.apache.org/developers.html.

A proposal was put to the dev list for the 2016-2017 roadmap earlier this
week (
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cloudstack-dev/201607.mbox/%3cc10c1a0c-4d57-4fb4-8812-b20aa1ea8...@shapeblue.com%3E
). That would probably be an excellent starting point to see the direction
of the project overall. As with most projects, its probably best to start
small and fix a few issues before starting in on something substantial.

For something more substantial, and depending upon your skill set, there
has been an open proposal to bring pure Xen in as fully supported
hypervisor. Knowing a bit of what's involved there, it might fit well with
your time frame, plus I know there are some who would welcome that work. I
also have a smaller project in the security space which might be
interesting, but haven't made the proposal to the list yet. In all cases,
the hope would be that you'd continue to be involved with the project upon
project completion.

(cross posted to dev@ to keep me honest - suspect further discussion should
occur on dev@ and not users@ )

-tim