All,

Meet blueorangutan [1], a Github bot account that will help us automate
CloudStack (PR) testing [2][3] among other things.

It works by polling Github notifications for the apache/cloudstack repository
every minutes and then reacts to comments. We can post comments on a
apache/cloudstack PR and ask @blueorangutan to perform certain build jobs such
as building packages, then running Trillian [2] tests (across a set of
hypervisors) using those packages, and finally report us the results.

Since, the task of building packages and testing them are expensive. A typical
packaging job may take up to 30 minutes, a typical Trillian [2][3] environment
can take about 30 minutes to build/deploy a zone, and a Trillian (smoke) test
run may take hours while an exhaustive Trillian (component+smoke) test run may
take 3-4 days. Due to these reasons, for now the '@blueorangutan test' task is
restricted to a selected Github users (my colleagues at ShapeBlue). Running
Trillian test for each PR may be expensive, we may consider batching smaller
thoroughly reviewed PRs, then create packages for a set of PRs and test them
all at once as well.

The task to build (centos6, centos7, debian) packages is relatively less
expensive and anyone can request blueorangutan to build packages now by
commenting '@blueorangutan package' on a PR.

The great blue ape aims to be a quite friendly and polite bot, go on any
apache/cloudstack PR and try:

'@blueorangutan hello'

Or, build package for a PR:

'@blueorangutan package'

Or, if it helps you build packages you may say:

'@blueorangutan thanks'

This is an experiment and I hope to improve this over time, any feedback and
comments are welcome.

[1] https://github.com/blueorangutan

[2]
http://www.shapeblue.com/trillian-flexible-on-demand-individual-cloud-environment-creation/