It does have a US centric view (TaxCloud).  I didn't see too many other decent
tax-calculating services though, and its a pretty complex issue to handle
internally.  Is the problem Taxcloud itself, or that Stratostack doesn't handle
taxing cases outside the US?

The first thing I would look at doing is adding Stripe and possibly Paypal.
Stripe would also pick up Bitcoin payments.