Isn't this only a matter of changing the parameter "site2site.vpn.vpnga"?
The number 4 seems to be an arbitrarily small number that was set by a
developer; maybe 4 was the best amount for the developer test/production
environment.

Have you tested changing the parameter to 20, and then creating 20
connections and checking the performance?
Maybe for 20 connections the system VM that handles these connections will
need more computing resources; but, this is also a matter of changing the
service offering for this VM type.

--
Rafael Weingärtner