Hi guys,

Sorry for long post below...

I was wondering if someone could bring some light for me for multiple PODs
networking design (L2 vs L3) - idea is to make smaller L2 broadcast domains
(any other reason?)

We might decide to transition from current single pod, single cluster
(single zone) to multiple PODs design (or not...) - we will eventually grow
to over 50 racks worth of KVM hosts (1000+ hosts) so Im trying to
understand best options to avoid having insanely huge L2 broadcast
domains...

Mgmt network is routed between pods, that is clear.

We have dedicated primary storage network and Secondary Storage networks
(vlan interfaces configured locally on all KVM hosts, providing direct L2
connection obviously, not shared with mgmt.network), and same for Public
and Guest networks... (Advanced networking in zone, Vxlan used as isolation)

Now with multiple PODs, since Public Network and Guest network is defined
per Zone level (not POD level), and currently same zone-wide setup for
Primary Storage... what would be the best way to make this traffic stay
inside PODs as much as possible and is this possible at all? Perhaps I
would need to look into multiple zones, not PODs.

My humble conclusion, based on having all dedicated networks, is that I
need to strech (L2 attach as vlan interface) primary and secondary storage
network across all racks/PODs, and also need to strech Guest vlan (that
carry all Guest VXLAN tunnels), and again same for Public Network...and
this again makes huge broadcast domains and doesn't solve my issue...
Don't see other option in my head to make networking work across PODs.

Any suggestion is most welcome (and if of any use as info - we dont plan
for any Xen, VmWare etc, will stay purely with KVM).

Thanks
Andrija