Hi Adeel,

This looks like you have an NFS share mounted *on* (rather than *from*) the
management server – which is something unique in your environment. It could be
you use autofs for your home folder?
Either way the error is fairly standard – the file system thinks you have a
file open on the NFS share, it therefore doesn’t allow you to unmount it
cleanly, leading to the shutdown hang.
To troubleshoot just do a “mount” and see what share/folder is mounted to your
NFS server.

If this was on your KVM host it would make more sense – since you will be using
NFS for your secondary storage the KVM host will have this mounted at some
point, and it may not unmount this cleanly if it thinks there are still files
in use. If so you need to shut down the KVM cloudstack agent and libvirt before
unmounting the share.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect