From: McClune, James <mcclu...@norwalktruckers.net>
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2017 2:21 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Problems with KVM HA & STONITH

Hello Apache CloudStack Community,

My setup consists of the following:

- Three nodes (NODE1, NODE2, and NODE3)
NODE1 is running Ubuntu 16.04.3, NODE2 is running Ubuntu 16.04.3, and NODE3
is running Ubuntu 14.04.5.
- Management Server (running on separate VM, not in cluster)

The three nodes use KVM as the hypervisor. I also configured primary and
secondary storage on all three of the nodes. I'm using NFS for the primary
& secondary storage. VM operations work great. Live migration works great.

However, when a host goes down, the HA functionality does not work at all.
Instead of spinning up the VM on another available host, the down host
seems to trigger STONITH. When STONITH happens, all hosts in the cluster go
down. This not only causes no HA, but also downs perfectly good VM's. I
have read countless articles and documentation related to this issue. I
still cannot find a viable solution for this issue. I really want to use
Apache CloudStack, but cannot implement this in production when STONITH
happens.

I think I have something misconfigured. I thought I would reach out to the
CloudStack community and ask for some friendly assistance.

If there is anything (system-wise) you request in order to further
troubleshoot this issue, please let me know and I'll send. I appreciate any
help in this issue!

--

Thanks,

James