Did you try the same test from the exact same physical host that one of the
guests are running on? There may be congestion between the Cloudstack network
and the NFS network.

I just tested this by creating a compute offering that had the 200Mbit limit
and assigning it to an instance. I mounted a NFS directory, and dding' a large
file in that directory. I got the 23 mbyte/sec throughput I expected. I then
shut the instance down, reassigned it to another compute offering without the
limit, started it back up, and dd'ed that large file. I got the 200mbyte/sec
throughput that I expected from this specific NFS server.

How exactly are you setting network and VM throttling? Are you talking about in
the Global Settings? If so, note that any limit set here (even infinite --
i.e., zero) is overridden by the values in the service offering if the service
offering's values are smaller. Please check your service offerings to make sure
they don't have throttling values in them. Also make sure that you put both
network.throttling.rate and vm.network.throttling.rate back down to zero.

Note -- I am running Cloudstack 4.9.2. But it should work same as 4.8 here.