Daan,

For us and i guess for many others public cloud and vps providers its very big
hole.
Imagine that 10-20 chinese guys have made fraud orders and 10-20 vps are
provisioned.
We dealing with fradulent orders daily basis.
Some time later abusers will get catch in the act and vpses will be terminated.
If your customer increase is considerable, most probably one or more ips will
be given to new customers during same day.
Newly created instances get then abusers keys and root passwords.
If new instance uses only keys, root password will be never changed.
Abusers need just log in with them old passwords and bitcoin mining or spamming
will be started again.
Some of smarter customers are able to connect dots and serviceprovider
reputation will be damaged seriously.

Lugupidamisega / Regards

Kristian Liivak

Tegevjuht / Executive director