I would vote for the second; however, would prefer the 'Apache Software
Foundation events' section visible on top, as the 'last announcements'
section.
If the events section stays on the bottom, I would stick with the fourth
option to make it easy to spot.

If you allow me, I just thought about a fifth option that consists of
something on the top menu.