Hi, all:

We have a few VM instances which will hang when issue a Stop command from
CloudStack web UI or thru API calls, due to the app’s own startup/stop script
in guest OS was not properly invoked.  The app’s startup/stop script works
properly if we issue shutdown/reboot command in guest OS directly.

Hence here is my question:  when CloudStack tries to stop a running VM
instance, what is the exact command it sends to VM to stop it, with or without
forced flag?  What are the interactions between the CloudStack, the hypervisor
and the guest VM?

Yiping