Chris

Many thanks for that.

Jon

________________________________
From: Christoffer Pedersen <v...@vrod.dk>
Sent: 03 July 2018 12:21
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Advanced networking - physical NICs.

Hi Jon,

I would suppose that several people/providers run guest and public networks
together. I was also confused in the start about the cloudstack networking.

1. I guess you can, the traffic will be separated by VLAN’s.
2. When defining a public range, in my experience you have to assign a VLAN to
that range. Then just put in the VLAN ID where your respecitve public range
resides.
3. You can allocate vlan ranges for guest networks. You can for example use
500-549 as a range. Just bind that to your cloudbr. Cloudstack will manage the
sub-bridge for the vlan.
4. You would have a trunk running from the switch to your network port on the
server. You would add that port to your cloudbr1 like:

auto eth1
iface eth1 inet manual

auto cloudbr1
iface cloudbr1 inet manual
          bridge_ports eth1

Please correct me if I’m wrong, i al using openvswitch so my config is
different. Cloud will handle the tagging if you specify a vlan for your public
or guest networks.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone