From: Jon Marshall <jms....@hotmail.co.uk>
Sent: 06 July 2018 09:26
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Isolated network and ingress rules

Have setup advanced network 4.11 KVM and it seems to be a lot more intuitive
than basic networking (at least to me 😊)

Just a couple of quick questions -

1) when I add a new isolated network with source NAT  through the UI no matter
what I enter in the Guest gateway and Guest netmask boxes it just uses the
initial CIDR block I specified when building the zone. And it reuses this for
every new isolated network.

Is this normal behaviour ?

2) I tried to add a static NAT for one of the VMs in an isolated network. I
know the mapping works because a "curl icanhazip.com" returns the static IP
rather than the one used by all the other VMs but I cannot connect to the
statically mapped VM from outside.

When I go to the Network details in the UI I have egress rules I can edit but
no ingress rules tab.

Again is this to be expected and if it is any pointers on how to get it working.

Thanks