Hi Asai,

In the context of CloudStack your metadata is effectively in the CloudStack DB.
If you want to capture the point-in-time settings for the VMs in question you
would simply do a "virsh dumpxml <domain>" against the VM and capture this data
somehow. Keep in mind though it's not going to be particularly useful to you
under CloudStack. If you ever needed to restore a VM you would do so by
importing the volumes you backed up, create a template from the root volume,
create a new VM from this and attach any imported data disks - and during this
process CloudStack would build new metadata for you since you are effectively
building a new VM.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect