Hi Ugo

CloudStack assigns three names for guest VM instance for use in different
contexts and only allows user control for 2. It does now allow alterations to
the instance name.
"Instance name – a unique, immutable ID that is generated by CloudStack and
cannot be modified by the user. This name conforms to the requirements in IETF
RFC 1123."
See documentation:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/4.11.1.0/adminguide/virtual_machines.html#about-working-with-virtual-machines

Regards
Dingane

On 2018/09/19, 12:33, "Ivan Kudryavtsev" <kudryavtsev...@bw-sw.com> wrote:

    Hey, Ugo. It is possible through API, AFAIK. CloudStack UI doesn't support
    that.

    --
    With best regards, Ivan Kudryavtsev
    Bitworks LLC

dingane.hlal...@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
Amadeus House, Floral Street, London  WC2E 9DP