According to the code:

> .... a lot more code here....

 if (forceCleanup) {

       if (!rollingRestartVpc(vpc, context)) {
>        s_logger.warn("Failed to execute a rolling restart as a part of VPC
> " + vpc + " restart process");
>        restartRequired = true;
>        return false;
>        }
>        return true;

}

s_logger.debug("Starting VPC " + vpc + " as a part of VPC restart process
> without cleanup");
> if (!startVpc(vpcId, false)) {
>         s_logger.warn("Failed to start vpc as a part of VPC " + vpc + "
> restart process");
>         restartRequired = true;
>         return false;
>  }

.... a lot more code here....

final VpcVO vo = _vpcDao.findById(vpcId);
> vo.setRestartRequired(restartRequired);
> _vpcDao.update(vpc.getId(), vo);

.... a lot more code here....

That means,  something wrong happened either in "rollingRestartVpc" or
"startVpc" methods. Therefore, all of the affected networks should present
log entries such as " Failed to start vpc as a part of VPC ...." or "
Failed to execute a rolling restart as a part of VPC "

--
Rafael Weingärtner