Hrm... Im mot aware of Windows 2016 OS type, that is probably in newer
version of ACS, so far, up to Windows 2012 OS type, it was all IDE...

Can you do silly check with either 'ps aux | grep VMNAME' or with 'virsh
dumpxml VMNAME' so we see what controller type is used.

I have hard time believing that Win 2016 OS type would use Virtio by
default, since afaik no Virtio drivers are builtin inaide Windows by
default (in contrast to Hype-V drivers being available in stock Linux
kernel for some tome now :) )