You could probably use dedication, i.e. dedicate first cluster to the ROOT
domain (or other domain where your accounts/users are), so all resources
(VMs actually) will be by default created on this cluster which is
dedicated to the domain.
Other cluster, you make public (i.e. NOT dedicated) - and test.
Based on that (at least HOST dedication - which I have been working with a
few times) - all VMs should be created on the dedicated hosts (cluster in
your case) but you can always (as cloud admin) migrate VMs away to another
cluster (well - live migration between cluster is officially NOT supported
completely - so better test that - I remember I have been able to migrate,
I believe USER VMs only, but not system VMs - or similar... (in 4.8 at
least)

If dedicated cluster is full, I assume VMs will continue to be created on
other non-dedicated hosts...

I'm not aware of other way to achieve your goal...

--

Andrija Panić