Dear all,

                I am trying to plan how to migrate VMs from traditional
virtualization to Cloudstack.
                So far I got this far based on the info I have found:

1.       XenServer to XenServer

-          Export VM vdi with this command xe vdi-export uuid=<uuid here>
format=vhd filename=<templatefilename>.vhd -progress

-          Use the VHD to create a new VM in Cloudstack

2.       VMware to Vmware - I could not find any info about this.

Besides migration, how does third party VMware appliances are imported through
cloudstack?

For example - you have bought a specific third party software which comes as a
VMware appliance but has specific custom settings defined (as  VM metadata).

Best regards,
Jordan