ACS will only offer DHCP leases to its VMs, via DHCP reservation.. If you
have another DHCP server in your area, than it might be quicker to offer a
lease to a VM. You have to either remove your non-ACS DHCP server
completely, OR make sure it uses reservation for non-ACS servers/hosts i.e.
NOT let it issue leases freely to anyone who asks for it. Pure DHCP
"problem" - i.e. nothing to do with ACS specifically.

Best,
Andrija