Hi Eiji,

I did some more digging.
The default commands.properties in 4.2.1 is generated from this
template:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/blob/4.2/client/tomcatconf/commands.properties.in

You should check the .rpm/.deb or other package you had used to install
CloudStack for the generated file, or build it yourself with
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/blob/4.2/client/pom.xml

In CloudStack 4.9, commands.properties was deprecated.
To retain the previous roles, there is a migration script, documented
here:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/4.11.1.0/adminguide/accounts.html
and here:
https://www.shapeblue.com/dynamic-roles-in-cloudstack/