From: Rafael del Valle <rva...@privaz.io.INVALID>
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 7:08 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Instance with 2 Network

Hi, Cristian,

Which template you use? Does it has cloud-init?

I was also testing the same thing... both interfaces where on the VM but
only the first one was initialized (with both debian and ubuntu templates).

I used cloud-init user-data to add an interface file that initializes the
interface with DHCP and creates the right routes / gateway so that it works.

as other users commented the actual routes and gateways depend on your
network setup, and also the template you use needs to have cloud-init for
this to work (assuming it is linux)

I did it with ansible, but I think you can just add user data when creating
the instance, this kind of...

    - name: Create the Test Instance
      cs_instance:
        name: test
        template: openvm-debian-9-x86_64
        ssh_key: admin@test
        zone: z1
        service_offering: micro-ssd
        networks:
          - net1
          - net2
        user_data:
          #cloud-config

          write_files:
          - content: |
              auto eth1
              iface eth1 inet dhcp
                up route add -net 10.129.0.0 netmask 255.255.0.0 gw
10.129.1.1
            path: /etc/network/interfaces.d/eth1.cfg
            permissions: '0644'
          power_state:
            mode: reboot