On 25. Jan 2021, at 12:40, Abhishek Kumar <abhishek.ku...@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Terraform CoudStack provider by Hashicorp is archived here
> https://github.com/hashicorp/terraform-provider-cloudstack
>
> Is anyone using or maintaining it?

We are also using it heavily and are somewhat worried about the module being
archived.

> We're aware of Ansible CloudStack module
> (https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/scenario_guides/guide_cloudstack.html)
>  but are there any other alternatives of Terraform that you may be using with
> CloudStack?

The ansible module is working quite well. However, one of the advantage of
terraform imho is that one can easily destroy defined infrastructure with one
command, while with ansible 'the destrcution' needs to be implemented in the
playbook. Another advantage is that (at least) Gitlab can now maintain
terraform states, which quite nicely supports GitOps approaches.

Cheers, Christian