Hi Vash,

Your understanding is correct indeed and your approach sounds solid, but I'd
recommend (if possible at all for you) to already start with a separate storage
network, although possible, is quite a bit of work to add a separate storage
network later on (and you'd need deep knowledge of ACS to be able to carry that
out).

Primary storage traffic will depend more on the type of workload you run on
your VMs than on the actual number of VMs. I've had ACS zones with 20VMs
saturate 20Gbps and other zones with thousands of VMs use at the most 3Gbps.
I'd recommend to try and analyse what kind of traffic you are likely to have,
the number of hosts and try to figure out what you need. With that said,
nowadays the safe bet would be to go with 4 x 25Gbps per host, or at least 4 x
10 (again, depending on how large your hosts are).

Hope that helps.
Cheers,
Alex

alex.matti...@shapeblue.comĀ