Hello,

We're trying to figure out how to improve the storage performance on Windows VM's running on KVM hosts with Ceph RBD storage. We get good performance with Linux VM's but Windows is pretty sluggish. We've found so far that Choosing "OS Type: Windows PV" makes the storage a bit faster, but it's still much slower than on Linux. This is all with the virtio guest-tool drivers for Windows installed. Are there any changes that can be made? We considered doing this with an ISCSI gateway instead of RBD but from my understanding Cloudstack doesn't support that with KVM.

The hypervisors run CentOS 7 which uses libvirt 4.5.0. We're wondering if running a more up-to-date version of libvirt could help. Are there any repositories with those packages?

Thank you,

Peter Klein