From: Nicolas Vazquez <nicolas.vazq...@shapeblue.com>
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 9:33 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Enabling nested virtualization

Hi Fariborz,

Can you explore if it can be enabled by explicitly sending metada to that VM. I
would suggest passing '<cpu mode='host-model' check='partial'/>' by:

  *   Set the configuration 'enable.additional.vm.configuration' to true
  *   Set the configuration 'allow.additional.vm.configuration.list.kvm' to
'cpu'
  *   Encode the text to be passed, as:
'%3Ccpu%20mode%3D%27host-model%27%20check%3D%27partial%27%2F%3E'
  *   Stop and update the virtual machine, passing the encoded text as the
extraconfig parameter: update virtualmachine
extraconfig="%3Ccpu%20mode%3D%27host-model%27%20check%3D%27partial%27%2F%3E"
id=<VM_UUID>

More information about this feature:
https://www.shapeblue.com/cloudstack-feature-first-look-enable-sending-of-arbitrary-configuration-data-to-vms/

Regards,