From: thomas.laton <thomas.la...@protonmail.com.INVALID>
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2021 7:03 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Console connection is timing out

Hello,

to see if I can use CloudStack 4.15.1 for my purposes, I set up a simple single
server in Debian 10, running management and KVM host on the same machine using
this manual https://rohityadav.cloud/blog/cloudstack-kvm/ as guidance. All
seems to be working as it should. No errors or red flags.

However, I cannot connect to any VM using the console, be it system-vm or a
newly created instance. The "consoleproxy" is shown as running, as are the
instances I create but the console connections time out. The
"management-server.log" shows no errors and I can connect to the "consoleproxy"
using ssh.

>From inside the proxy, I cannot ping the gateway IP but the management server
>is reachable and the secondary storage VM shows the same behavior but seems to
>be working (e.g.: I could upload and use an iso). Other than that I can find
>no obvious problems.

"consoleproxy.sslEnabled" is set to false.

Maybe, I should mention that I am not connected to the internet. Is this a
problem? My final deployment can and must not be connected to the outside
during setup or production.

And finally, is there a way to directly connect to the VMs without using the
management UI?

Thanks,
Thomas