Hi Jerry

I am one of the authors of the cloudstack ansible integration, you can find the docs about every ansible module here https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/collections/ngine_io/cloudstack/index.html

We have intregration tests playbooks, which also creates zones, pods, cluster, etc., which you can find here https://github.com/ngine-io/ansible-collection-cloudstack/tree/master/tests/integration/targets

further, Rafael (in cc) showed on the last cloudstack europe meetup how they provisioned cloudstack using ansible. You may get in touch with.

And I can not confirm that "Ansible felt slightly..clunky in this context." We made it as easy and reliable as possible to use ansible with cloudstack and continue to do so, if you feel, something is missing, feel free to get in touch.